Real Estate- Seller Resources

Our Real Estate Team is here to serve you throughout your closing process. 

As a seller of your property, you may be wondering what is next and why you need an attorney. We hope the information below helps navigate the process. As always, we're here to help you, so do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have. 

A large majority of the information you need to know about the closing process is available in our Seller Engagement Letter that will be sent to you once we have your contract.

Under Contract-

What's Next?

You're under contract, what's next?

  • Send your contract to us​​

  • We will review the contract and additional information to start our process for closing

  • We will provide a tentative closing date

  • Submit your Seller Information Form to our office

  • Submit any additional information as requested

  • Attend closing

  • Make sure to bring a photo ID​

  • If funds are required for closing, they must be certified funds- wire transfer or certified bank check

  • Once the closing is completed fully, we will be able to disburse funds properly

  • You should keep your homeowners insurance in place until the closing is completed fully

Why do you need an attorney for closing?

An attorney with experience in real estate will be able to discern what needs to happen for a successful closing. Our office has years of experience working in real estate.  

Our office works as a liaison between the realtors, buyers, sellers, and lenders. 

Our office will prepare your seller's deed, lien affidavit, and 1099-S form for you to sign at closing.

During the closing, the attorney will review all documents to ensure all information is accurate and be available to answer any questions that you may have.

After the closing, our office will take the necessary steps to ensure that funds are distributed properly.

Understanding the Costs

Deed preparation cost will be determined by the type of deed required. 


Revenue stamps will be determined by the county and purchase price.


Additional charges that you may encounter:


Courier fees to send payoffs


A charge of $250.00 will incur if you are unable to attend closing and we have to mail your documents for signing


A charge of $50.00 will incur if you need to come into the office at a different time than what the closing is set for


​If there are additional services that we need to assist you as the seller with prior to closing, we will notify you of the cost to proceed.

What to do if you have a home equity line

If you have a home equity line, you must have the equity line lender provide a letter at least 3 days prior to closing indicating the line has been blocked to further advances.

What to do if you are selling a New Construction

​If you are selling a new construction, you are required to execute and have all of your sub-contractors execute the Owner/Contractor Affidavit, Waiver of Liens and Indemnity Agreement, and Owner Affidavit and Indemnity Agreement prior to closing

What to do if you are selling a Manufactured Home

If you are selling a manufactured home, you must submit evidence from the DMV that the title to the manufactured home has been canceled or never issued and that there are no liens of record.

What to do if you have a Homeowners Association

If the property you are selling is part of an HOA, you must request and prepay the HOA Transfer package prior to closing and send this information to our office.

What to do if the property is part of a trust

If the property you are selling is part of a trust, you must submit a copy of the Trust Agreement stating who can sign for and sell real property; or execute a Certificate of Trust at closing (fee will apply to prepare).

What do you do if you are a corporation selling?

If your corporation owns the property that is being sold, you must submit a copy of your Bylaws and Banking Resolutions stating how many and who is authorized to sell real property.